Who this training is for
This course is statutory/mandatory for all line, service and department managers (Clerical Admin Grade V and above & Clinical CNM 1/ CMM1 and above) who have responsibility for undertaking workplace occupational safety and health risk assessments.
On successful completion of this module participants will be able to:
- understand and apply the 4 Steps of the risk assessment process
- identify who is responsible to ensure the risk assessment process is completed
- understand why a risk assessment is undertaken
- explain the risk assessment terminology
- identify when a specific risk assessment form is required
- be aware of further resources available to support the OSH risk assessment process
- Identifying Hazards
- Types of hazards in healthcare
- Assessing Risks (including use of HSE risk matrix tool)
- Identifying additional control measures
- Completing the HSE Risk Assessment Form
- Escalating Risks
- Communication and consultation
- Monitoring and Review
- Completion of the HSeLanD “Managing Health and Safety in the Healthcare Setting" eLearning programme
- Be familiar with National Health and Safety Function GD:004:00 Guideline Document - Completion of Occupational Safety and Health Risk Assessments
How to book
Online via www.hseland.ie
There are a number of knowledge checks throughout the module.
The online assessment must be successfully completed by the learner in order to gain a certificate.
The module includes an 'extend my learning' section, which participants should complete in order to consolidate and maximise their learning experience.
An online certificate of completion will be issued.
Additional training may be required due to the complexity of the hazards, risk process and controls in your workplace. These additional needs should be identified by each line manager in consultation with their staff through the training needs assessment process.