Who this training is for
This course is designed to provide porters with the knowledge required for the role of designated porter, providing the service of storage and transportation of medical gas cylinders and the replacement of cylinders on manifolds within the healthcare environment.
This course is also particularly relevant to some estates engineering/maintenance staff with responsibility for medical gases.
The course will provide information on potential hazards, risk reduction, emergency procedures, roles and responsibilities for the safe use and handling of medical gases within the healthcare environment.
After completing this programme, trainees will be able to:
- explain relevant legislation and codes of practice
- identify the composition and identification of various gases
- identify the hazards involved in working with medical gases
- explain safe operating practices
- Statutory and regulatory obligations
- What is a medical gas?
- Hazards of medical gases
- Cylinder identification, management and security
- Cylinder handling and operation
- Cylinder storage and handling
- Medical gas manifold operations
How to book
Online via www.hseland.ie
The programme takes approximately 2 hours to complete
There is an online assessment to be completed.
Online certificate of completion will be issued.