It is a requirement that all Occupational First Aiders undergo a refresher training course within 2 years of original certification in order to update your knowledge and skills.
Who this training is for
Certified Occupational First Aiders who wish to update and refresh their knowledge and skills in administering first aid. Employees who have undertaken first aid training outside the HSE and who wish to recertify themselves as Occupational First Aiders in their workplace must submit a copy of their certificate.
- To update the first aiders knowledge and practical skills
- To ensure certified First Aiders keep up to date with new legislation and guideline developments in first aid practice
Upon completion of the First Aid Response course participants will be able to:
- recognise and assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services
- react to such pre-hospital emergencies
- respond in a safe, effective and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set
- record and report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services
- retain a professional and caring attitude in your performance as a First Aid Responder
How to book
Your line manager can book your course through the health and safety helpdesk