Who this training is for
This training is mandatory for employees with supervisory or managerial responsibilities in healthcare such as line managers and heads of department and for employees who work with or who are at risk of exposure to Biological Agents in the workplace (as identified via the training needs assessment).
This module provides an overview of the types and classes of biological agents that may be encountered in healthcare and introduces the concept of biological agents risk assessment. The content is suitable across all healthcare settings and provides concise practical strategies for everyday use.
On successful completion of this module participants will be able to:
- outline the four biological agent risk groups
- identify ways in which healthcare employees are exposed to biological agents in the workplace
- recognise the types of health effects associated with hazardous biological agents
- describe how to carry out a biological agents risk assessment in the workplace, and
- describe the measures used to safeguard healthcare employees from harmful effects of hazardous biological agents
- Topic 1 Introduction to Biological Agents (classification, routes of exposure and health effects)
- Topic 2 Biological Agents Risk Assessment
- Topic 3 Implementing Control Measures
How to book
Online via www.hseland.ie
There is an online assessment to be completed.
An online certificate of completion will be issued.
Health and Safety Authority (HSA)
Additional training may be required due to the complexity of the hazards, risk process and controls in your workplace. These additional needs should be identified by each line manager in consultation with their staff through the training needs assessment process.