The rates of pay, allowances and other pay-related conditions for HSE employees are approved by the Department of Health. These pay rates are referred to as consolidated pay scales.
These pay scales set out the rates of pay for each grade and include incremental pay (increase in pay). Increments are paid annually. The number of increments paid is determined by your grade.
Current pay scales
Pay scales archive
- 1 September 2019 consolidated pay scales - on foot of HR Circ 027 2019
- 1 April 2019 consolidated salary scales
- 1 January 2019 consolidated salary scales - amended
- 1 October 2018 consolidated salary scales
- 1 April 2018 consolidated salary scales
- 1 January 2018 consolidated salary scales
Older pay scales
- November 2013 revised consolidated pay scales
- July 2013 revised consolidated pay scales (Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest Act 2013- FEMPI)
- July 2013 revised consolidated pay scales for CEOs/secretary, managers of Voluntary Hospitals Group 1 (FEMPI)