Careers in UL Hospitals Group
Every day, our team at UL Hospitals Group strives to be a valued, trusted and leading provider of excellence in healthcare.
We provide care to patients across six hospital sites and serve a population of over 385,172 people in the Midwest Region.
We are proud to serve our community, and we are committed to treating patients with care, compassion and kindness.
We are recruiting
We are recruiting across our hospitals and are seeking ambitious, motivated staff in the following areas:
- Medical Consultants, Non-Consultant Hospital Doctors (NCHDs)
- Staff Nurses, Nurse Managers, Nurse Specialists and Health Care Assistants
- Allied Health Professionals (Pharmacists, Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Medical Scientists and Clinical Engineers)
- Clerical and administrative staff
- Support staff including Porters and Attendants
Apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit the HSE website to search for current posts available across our hospitals.
Advance your career with us
With a total workforce of over 5,000, UL Hospitals Group is the largest employer in the Midwest.
Our staff are our most important asset and developing and supporting our staff is a key priority for us.
We provide in-house, external or academic training programmes supported by our academic partner, the University of Limerick.
You will get the opportunity to grow your career with us and we look forward to welcoming you.
University Hospital Limerick (UHL) is the largest hospital in UL Hospitals Group. It provides emergency and critical care to patients in the Midwest. UHL has the only Emergency Department in the region, caring for patients 24/7, 365 a year.
UHL is one of eight specialist cancer centres in the country. It also has a dedicated coronary care centre treating patients for serious heart attacks and a thrombolysis centre providing vital care for acute stroke.
Ennis, Nenagh and St. John’s Hospitals provide day surgery. They also provide treatment for minor injuries in their Injury Units and medical assessment in their medical assessment units through GP referral.
The group has two specialist hospitals catering for specific needs in the community:
- University Maternity Hospital Limerick is the busiest maternity hospital outside of Cork or Dublin.
- Croom Orthopaedic Hospital is a regional centre of excellence in orthopaedics, pain management and scheduled surgery.
Hospital group development
Our hospital group continues to evolve, which in turn means more opportunities for career progression and growth for our staff.
We have added important facilities to our campus over the past number of years, including:
- 102 state of the art, en-suite single rooms (in UHL and Croom Orthopaedic Hospital)
- State of the art emergency department
- Critical care unit
- 24-hour cardiology service
- Cystic fibrosis inpatient and outpatient unit
- Symptomatic breast unit
- Acute inpatient stroke unit
- Dialysis unit
- Da Vinci Xi dual console robot
- Staff Health & Wellbeing Centre
- Clinical Education and Research Centre & Health Sciences Academy
Some great reasons to work with us
- Midwest location and the lifestyle and accommodation choice which it offers.
- A team focused working environment in a Group structure.
- Academic links and research with University of Limerick as Academic Partner
- Training and education opportunities.
- A friendly and social working environment, with new health & wellbeing centre for staff
- Career development opportunities.
- Subsidised meals.
- Free parking on all sites.
- Pension and Sick Pay Scheme.
Midwest Region, the ideal location
The Midwest Region (Limerick, Clare and Tipperary) is beautiful and vibrant, it has it all from outdoor recreation and sport to culture, arts and tradition.
It’s a great place to live and work with competitive property prices, excellent infrastructure, a huge variety of lifestyle amenities and easy access to top-class education.
Limerick City boasts some of the best connections across Ireland and beyond to Europe, the USA and the rest of the world. Limerick looks out across the Atlantic with America just five hours away.
It is also an integral part of Europe, with its millennia of rich history. This dual aspect has informed the character of the place. Atlantic Edge, European Embrace,