Careers in UL Hospitals Group
Your new career at UL Hospitals Group
Are you ambitious, motivated and seeking a new career in healthcare?
Join our expanding and diverse team and work at one of our six hospital sites in Limerick, Ennis, Croom and Nenagh.
We provide acute and specialist healthcare services on an inpatient and outpatient basis across our hospitals.
We are recruiting now
We are a progressive hospital group, constantly evolving to meet the demands of a growing and ageing population.
We have vacancies in a range of disciplines including:
- Medical and Dental
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Health and Social Care Professionals
- General Support Staff
- Patient and Client Care
Join us today, visit our Rezoomo page to search for current posts available across our hospitals and apply.
Send your queries to email@example.com
Advance your career with us
With a workforce of over 5,000, we are the largest employer in the Midwest.
We recognise the importance of recruiting the best people to work with us and the equal significance of retaining our existing valued team members.
Our staff are our most important asset and developing and supporting them is a key priority for us. We are extremely proud of and celebrate our diverse workforce.
Together with our academic partner, the University of Limerick (UL) we work to improve standards of care and foster education, clinical research and innovation.
Our first class training and on-campus (UHL) research facilities include the Clinical Education and Research Centre (CERC) and the Health Sciences Academy.
Our staff can also manage their learning and reach career goals with our digital learning platform and supportive expert staff.
We offer in-house, external and/or academic training programmes through UL.
University Hospital Limerick (UHL) is the largest hospital in UL Hospitals Group. It provides emergency and critical care to patients in the Midwest. UHL has the only Emergency Department in the region, caring for patients 24/7, 365 days a year.
UHL is one of eight specialist cancer centres in the country. It also has a dedicated coronary care centre and a thrombolysis centre.
Ennis, Nenagh and St. John’s Hospitals provide day surgery. They also provide treatment in their Injury Units and medical assessment through GP referral.
The group has two specialist hospitals in the community:
- University Maternity Hospital Limerick - the busiest maternity hospital outside of Cork or Dublin.
- Croom Orthopaedic Hospital - a regional centre of excellence in orthopaedics, pain management and scheduled surgery.
Every day, our team strives to be a valued, trusted and leading provider of excellence in healthcare.
We are committed to treating patients with care, compassion and kindness.
Some great reasons to work with us
- Midwest location and lifestyle.
- A multi-disciplinary, team focused working environment.
- Academic links and research with University of Limerick as Academic Partner
- Training and education opportunities.
- A friendly and social working environment.
- New health & wellbeing centre for staff
- Subsidised meals.
- Free parking on all sites.
- Pension and sick pay scheme.
- Bike to work scheme.
Hospital group development
We have proudly added important facilities in recent years
- New state of the art, patient en-suite single rooms (in UHL and Croom Orthopaedic Hospital)*
- Staff Health & Wellbeing Centre
- Clinical Education and Research Centre & Health Sciences Academy
- Critical care unit
- 24-hour cardiology service
- Cystic fibrosis inpatient and outpatient unit
- Symptomatic breast unit
- Acute inpatient stroke unit
- Dialysis unit
- Robotic surgery (Da Vinci Xi)
* A 96 bed block with patient en-suite single rooms is currently under construction.
Midwest Region - the ideal location
The Midwest region is beautiful and vibrant, it has everything you need from outdoor recreation and sport to a blend of culture arts and tradition.
It’s a great place to live and work with competitive property prices, excellent infrastructure, a huge variety of lifestyle amenities and easy access to top-class education.
See limerick.ie for more about living and working in Limerick.