After you have restored your laptop or desktop computer you can open your mailbox.
Email (outlook -@hse.ie) access is generally available on:
- HSE laptops and computers when connected to HSE network via a cable
- HSE laptops and computers when connected to MiFi devices
- HSE mobile devices when they are connected to WiFi for some staff members.
There are ongoing challenges with email access and the service can be inconsistent. Work is ongoing to restore email access fully.
If you have any problems or are unsure about anything, please call the Cyber Attack IT support service 1800 742 900.
Will all of my emails be available to me?
In many cases all your emails from prior to the 14th of May will be available. However there are some circumstances where your email will be unavailable.
Access your email through a MiFi device
Generally once you have restored your laptop correctly you can access email on your HSE laptop using a MiFi device. If you are experiencing any problems please contact the Cyber Service Desk.
Access your email through Checkpoint / Citrix Access Gateway
No Checkpoint/Citrix Access is not currently available. We will advise when this is back up and running.
Access your HSE email through Outlook Web access (OWA)
Outlook Web access is available if you have an internet connection. It is only accessible through an internet browser. Google chrome is the most
suitable browser. Depending on your region and type of account, please copy and paste the appropriate link into Chrome and login with your machine login credentials:
- National (HealthIRL) - https://mail.hse.ie/owa
- East - https://mailm.hse.ie/owa/
- Midlands - https://webmailq.hse.ie/owa/
- Midwest - https://webmailh.hse.ie/owa/
- South - https://mailp.hse.ie/owa/
- Southeast - https://webmaila.hse.ie/owa/
- West - https://hsewmail.hse.ie/owa/
When you first access Outlook and if you are presented with two options:
- Temporary profile – If selected, this will allow you to send and receive but your previous email will not be available.
- Old email – If selected, this will allow you a view only of your mail up to the 13th May. You will not be able to send or receive new mail.
If you have selected either option, please log a ticket with the National Service Desk
New Outlook mailbox set up
To get a new Outlook mailbox setup, log a request ticket through NSD Self Service
Usually this service is available in Ivanti Self Service. Currently, the National Service Desk team is not processing release email requests and this service is unavailable.