By law, you have to wear a face covering:
- when you use public transport
- in shops and shopping centres
Wearing a cloth face covering is also recommended in situations where it is difficult to practice social distancing. They may help prevent people who do not know they have the virus from spreading it to others.
You should still do the important things necessary to prevent the spread of the virus.
- social distancing
- covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze
- washing your hands properly and often
- not touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Some people should not or do not have to wear face coverings. Read about who should not wear one.