Induction is a way of formally introducing new employees to their work location and colleagues. It provides you with a clear understanding of your job, role and responsibilities, including the mission and values of the wider organisation.
Aims of induction
- To ensure that employees receive a structured welcome and introduction to their immediate work environment and the wider organisation
- To outline the organisation’s responsibilities and values
- To clarify expectations of both employee and employer on code of conduct and policies and procedures
- To explain the key responsibilities of the employee's role and performance expectations
- To commence a process of structured feedback on performance
Induction guidelines and checklists (PDF, 534 KB, 31 pages)