COVID-19 vaccines are still available to all frontline healthcare workers who have not yet been vaccinated, regardless of their age. You can register online for your COVID-19 vaccine through the public registration system. Everyone who registers online will be offered an mRNA vaccine - either the Moderna or Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
You can also go to a ‘walk-in vaccination clinic’ without an appointment if that's an option at a vaccination centre near you.
As a Healthcare worker (HCW) you will be offered a booster vaccination approximately 3 months after your vaccination course. If you are identified as a HCW on our Covax vaccination system, you will be called for vaccination as you become due for a booster.
Walk-in booster clinics have been arranged for healthcare workers on specific days and times.
f you had COVID-19 since you were vaccinated, you should get your booster dose at least 3 months after your positive test result. Bring photo ID and proof of your employment as a healthcare worker.
Some healthcare settings may choose to vaccinate their own staff.
You can get your COVID-19 booster vaccine at a local participating pharmacy. Find a pharmacy offering COVID-19 booster vaccines to healthcare workers. You will need to contact your pharmacy in advance to make an appointment.
Please note that you can:
- Submit your query through this form
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine booster appointment in a different vaccination centre
- Postpone your COVID-19 vaccine booster appointment because you tested positive for COVID-19
- Cancel your COVID-19 booster vaccine appointment if you have already received a booster or additional dose
How you will be invited for a booster vaccination
- Most HCWs will be invited for their booster at a vaccination centre over the next six weeks.
- These appointments are generated automatically - you do not need to register.
- If you’ve become a HCW since your second vaccine dose, you will be given the opportunity to identify yourself as a HCW and get called for a booster. This facility will be available shortly.
COVID-19 vaccine support contact
If you have questions about your vaccine, call the HSELive vaccine helpline on 1800 700 700.
The helpline is open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.