Manual handling and people handling theory training helps you to carry out these tasks safely.
This training is mandatory for employees involved in manual handling and people handling tasks.
On successful completion of the theory module you will be able to:
- understand the terms 'manual handling' and 'people handling'
- understand your responsibilities relating to manual handling and people handling
- recognise the structure and function of the spine, how it can get injured and how to keep it healthy
- carry out a risk assessment
- understand the principles of safer manual handling
Topic 1 - introducing manual handling and people handling
Topic 2 - protecting your back
Topic 3 - risk assessment manual handling and people handling tasks
Topic 4 - principles of safer manual handling
The programme takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
Online training course available at www.HSELand.ie
There is an online assessment to be completed.
After completing an online assessment you will get a certificate of completion. The certificate should be brought to your classroom-based practical training.