The practical training programme supports manual handling and people handling (theory module).
You must complete the theory module not more than 6 weeks before attending the practical training.
Who this training is for
You should attend the practical training if you:
- are involved in the moving and handling of people
- have completed the manual handling and people handling theory module
- are involved in the moving and handling of people and have not had training for 3 years
The instructor will tailor training to participants needs.
Equipment must be made available for demonstration and participation.
Participants are assessed on ability to carry out a range of people handling skills.
- moving patient up the bed using sliding sheets and unroll method
- sitting patient to edge of the bed
- turning patient in the bed
- helping patient from sitting to standing
- assisted walking with patient
- repositioning patient from lying to sitting in bed
Hoists will be used to assess knowledge and skills of learners:
- to and from a chair
- to and from a bed
- from the floor
The training takes approximately 4 hours. This depends on the complexity of handling procedures being taught.
How to book
You will be given a certificate on completion of the training.