Applications are now invited for the following programmes:
- Professional Diploma in Strategic Transformational Leadership in Healthcare*
- MSc in Leadership in Healthcare*
- Professional Diploma in Management in Healthcare
Closing date is 5pm on Friday 20 May 2022
The Health Service Leadership Academy programmes are currently operating as virtual programmes.
*Subject to validation
The Health Service Leadership Academy will develop the leadership our patients, carers, service users and communities deserve by supporting leaders across every sector in healthcare.
Professional Diploma in Strategic Transformational Leadership in Healthcare
A senior leadership development programme (Professional Diploma NFQ level 9) aimed at experienced senior leaders and managers in clinical and non-clinical roles.
For those who are:
- experienced senior leaders and managers who may already be on the senior leadership or management team of their organisation
- aspiring to be on the senior leadership or management team of their organisation, and are ready to apply for such a leadership role in the next two years
MSc in Leadership in Healthcare
A leadership development Masters level programme aimed at clinical and non-clinical colleagues.
For those who lead:
- teams, departments, services
- systems of care and complex projects
Professional Diploma in Management in Healthcare
A management development programme (Professional Diploma NFQ level 9) aimed at clinical and non-clinical colleagues.
For those who are:
- newly-appointed to a management role or a position of responsibility
- aspire towards a management or supervisory role in the next two years
- more senior and wish to undertake this programme
About the Health Service Leadership Academy
The Health Service Leadership Academy aims to develop leadership across the health service. We want to create a health service that puts patients, service users, carers and communities at the heart of everything we do. We want a safe, high quality service provided by engaged staff and compassionate leaders. The Health Service Leadership Academy is here to develop leaders, at every level and from every profession, who can help lead that change.
People across the country access the health service at some of the most vulnerable times in their lives. Staff working for patients and service users need training and support to provide exceptional clinical care and deeply compassionate care. That takes great leadership. Leadership in healthcare is as much about who you are and how you behave, as it is what you know and what you can do. The Health Service Leadership Academy will provide development and learning opportunities that develop both. We will support leaders across the health service to be the best they can be.
We have developed this work from best practice internationally, from other sectors and other health systems. Our leadership development uses a blend of styles. This includes virtual learning and development opportunities in our facilities in Dublin and across Ireland. Our learning matches the best academic content with great facilitation and creative ways of learning. The way we develop leaders reflects what we need them to be - creative, engaging, innovative, highly effective, and compassionate.