Who this training is for
Mandatory training for managers with responsibility for occupational safety and health risk assessments.
Participants are identified through the local training needs assessment.
The risk assessment for occupational health risks workshop is run for managers. This workshop will help you to assess occupational safety and health risks (OSH) in your workplace.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- understand the 4 steps in the risk assessment process
- identify who is responsible for ensuring the risk assessment process is completed
- identify why a risk assessment is undertaken
- explain risk assessment terminology
- identify when a specific risk assessment form is required
- complete a general OSH risk assessment
This is an active workshop with participants involved in discussion and group work.
Before attending the workshop, you should:
- complete the 'managing health and safety in the healthcare setting' module on HSelanD
- be familiar with the completion of occupational safety and health risk assessments guideline (PDF, 645KB, 16 pages)
There will be 1 trainer to 15 participants or 2 trainers to 16-30 participants in the workshop.
The number of trainers-to-participants may be reviewed depending on:
- local training requirements
- complexity of the service
- availability of suitable and sufficient equipment
- size and layout of the training venue
How to book
Your line manager can book your course through the health and safety helpdesk
The training is covered in a half day.
Assessment is done through group work activities and the OSH risk assessment form.
You will get a certificate on successful completion of the workshop.
Risk assessment workshop for managers helping to assess occupational safety and health risks (OSH). This is mandatory training for managers with responsibility for occupational safety and health risk assessments.
Occupational safety and health risks, risk assessment workshop for occupational safety and health risks for managers