2022 Annual Report and Financial Statements
On Tuesday 4 July, we published our 2022 Annual Report and Financial Statements.
2022 was another year in which you went above and beyond to care for the people who use our services.
Chairman of the Board of the HSE, Mr Ciarán Devane, said:
Because of your work in 2022
- Over 1.7 million people received inpatient or day-case treatment, with over 1.1 million of these on a day-case basis
- Over 3.4 million people attended outpatient departments
- 78.1% of adults waited less than 12 months for their planned inpatient procedure and 86.8% for their day case procedure
- 71.6% of children waited less than 12 months for their planned inpatient procedure and 85% for their day case procedure
- People with disabilities accessed over 28,000 day-respite sessions
- Over 20.7 million home support hours were delivered
Some new services launched in 2022
Innovation at bedside improving patient quality of life
The Rapid Innovation Unit (RIU) at St John’s Hospital, Limerick is researching the application of 3D printing at the point of care to improve patient quality of life.
First National Traveller Health Action Plan to improve health outcomes
The National Traveller Health Action Plan aims to improve traveller health experiences and address the severe health inequalities that travellers face.
“Fantastic service” helps Paddy recover at home
As part of the Enhanced Community Care programme, the Cork South Older Person’s Hub is supporting older people to avoid hospitals and stay safe and well in their own homes.
Virtual ward initiative supports patients
A new, innovative and bespoke service gives community virtual ward support to people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
Celine delighted at local service to manage asthma
A new Integrated Care Hub and Primary Care Centre in Bray is improving the experience of patients and reducing their reliance on hospitals.
In 2022, overall staffing levels increased by 5,422 full-time roles (Whole Time Equivalents).
We spent just over €23 billion in 2022, including funding to non-statutory agencies.