The new Quit campaign launched in January and its main focus is on helping people believe that they can quit if they get the support they need to succeed. We want people who smoke to commit to quit for at least 28 days. If a smoker can quit for 28 days they are 5 times more likely to quit for good.
The campaign was developed with close involvement from people who smoke, including staff. This year there is a focus on supporting our HSE colleagues to quit.
HSE Quit is asking our staff who smoke to take the 28 day challenge and quit for the month of March.
Staff want us to bring the Quit service to their workplace.
This campaign page will help you to hold Quit events where you work. Here you will find:
- ideas for Quit at Work events
- key messages from the national Quit campaign
- details on how to share your Quit at Work events online
- Quit at Work campaign materials to help you promote your event.
Quit at Work event ideas
HSE Quit wants to encourage our staff to quit for 28 days in March starting on 2 March. It doesn’t have to be the 2 March, it can be in the run up to March or any time during the month.
A Quit at Work event can be as big or small as you like:
- Hold a Quit sign up session at lunchtime.
- Share information with your colleagues about the local quit services.
- Organise a Quit at Work lunchtime walk.
- Promote 5 minute mindfulness breaks to replace smoke breaks on your local social media channels.
- Hold a competition to see which team can register the most quit attempts in March.
Key Quit messages
Everyone knows that smoking is bad for them but what people may not know is that there is lots of support to help you quit. Here are some messages which might help people quit:
- If you stop smoking for 28 days, you are five times more likely to quit for good.
- There are lots of practical tools, tips and support to quit available at Quit.ie.
- HSE Stop Smoking Advisors are there to help you have the best possible chance of quitting for good. You can find details of local stop smoking services here or freecall the Quitline on 1800 201 203 to speak to a Stop Smoking Advisor on the phone.
Share your events online
We really welcome your support in sharing our messages by posting content, tweeting or retweeting; and engaging on your social media platforms.
If you are sharing the campaign messages, make sure tag our social media accounts so that we can retweet and like your posts
You can also promote your local Quit at Work event through your social media profile photo by using and sharing the frames below.
Quit at work campaign materials
Use the campaign materials here to promote your event in your workplace.