Published: 24 March 2021
Organisation Development has a dedicated team for Improving Change Capacity. This team have developed a Team Reflection resource on Change to assist teams to acknowledge and make sense of the rapid and emergent change experienced in recent times.
The guidance assists teams to engage in a process to Reflect, Recover and Renew and consider the impact of COVID-19 on staff, service delivery and work practices. This is an important part of the organisational recovery process which will be different for each team/service. The guide advises each team to go through the following steps which may be done over the course of a number of sessions:
- Take time with colleagues to pause and reflect
- Consider the learning and make sense of your experiences
- Identify what individual and team supports are needed
- Plan for how services can be resumed or redesigned
- Consider how new practices can be implemented
- Build on new relationships to sustain improvements
- Watch this Guidance video on the purpose of Reflect Recover Renew, outlining the tools teams can use to support them through the process. The video is aimed at team members who would like to facilitate a session with colleagues and it can also be used by individual staff members.
- A pre-prepared powerpoint presentation for use when facilitating a team session. This has been designed with helpful presenter notes built-in.
- Template (6.5.1) Reflect Recover Renew – Making Sense of Rapid Emergent Change which is intended to support teams to consider what has changed, what we have learned from our COVID-19 experiences and what actions are needed. The template is further supported by the infographics (Reflect Recover Renew Resources) which are aligned to the Health Services Change Guide.
To learn more about the Health Services Change Guide you can complete the eLearning programme on HSeLanD entitled “Delivering Change in Health Services – Complete Guide”. For further enquiries or to request a hard copy of the Change Guide please contact email@example.com or follow us on twitter: @HSEchange_guide.