Published: 9 December 2020
HSE HR is delighted to announce the launch of the 2021 Health Services Excellence Awards. The awards are an opportunity to showcase and celebrate the good work that happens every day across our health service. 2020 has been one of the most challenging periods for the health service in decades, but alongside the challenges, there has been great innovation and resilience and we want to celebrate and learn from the positive initiatives that have been borne out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Two new categories have been added to reflect the extraordinary efforts being made by staff up and down the country during COVID-19. Operational Services Integration in a COVID Environment, and Service Development and Innovation in Responding to COVID are the two new categories and complete the list of eight. Judges will now be looking at projects that have enabled staff to respond to demands created by the pandemic, as well as ones that have introduced an innovative approach in service development and design during the COVID response to support staff and patients.
The 2021 awards are open for submissions from 10 December 2020 to 21 January 2021. The awards are open to all staff working in the public health system. This includes any service provided directly to the public, including:
- clinical services
- primary care
- social / family support
- support services: to include catering, portering, security, clerical
- management services: to include people management, processes, information technology, or service management initiatives.
Following the initial round of submissions, a number of projects will be shortlisted. Each shortlisted project will be notified in March and they will then be asked to present their project to a judging panel. We are hopeful that the awards, maybe virtual awards, will take place in April 2021.
There are eight award categories in total. You can enter more than one category. Please complete the online application form for each category you wish to enter.
The eight award categories are:
- Supporting a Healthy Community - your project must demonstrate that real and positive influence on the health of a community of people you work with.
- Improving the Patient Experience - show how changes or initiatives that your project have introduced brought about improvements in the patient’s experience of our service
- Innovation in Services Delivery - show how innovative thinking has made an improvement to service delivery.
- Excellence in Quality Care - show how your project has succeeded in providing excellence in quality care to our patients and service users.
- Innovation in Integrated Digital Excellence - show how your project demonstrates the use of digital initiatives to improve integrated care.
- Operational Services Integration in a COVID Environment - show how your project enabled health service staff to respond to demands created by the health service response to COVID nationally or within your region.
- Service Development and Innovation in Responding to COVID - show how your project introduced an innovative approach in service development and design during the COVID response to support staff and service users/patients, nationally or within your region.
- Exceeding Expectations - Outstanding Employee Award - for this award, you can nominate an outstanding colleague. Show how they continually go above and beyond to help, support, or improve the lives of their colleagues and patients.
If you have a query about the awards this year email email@example.com