Published: 9 November 2020
Delivering positive change is critical right now as we learn from our experiences of rapid change and innovation over recent months. We had to pause, disrupt and re-design many of our services. In moving forward it is important that we re-connect to what always worked well. We need to bring this together with the present – what you and your team have done and achieved, and blend this with future possibilities – what has emerged that can help us build a better future. Disruption is a positive force for change – it needs personal and team agility to make sense of it.
COVID-19 is part of our on-going reality. Working together towards the recovery of our services is our shared responsibility. To do this, we need to focus on the people and culture impact of change on our staff, service users and communities.
The Health Services Change Guide recognises the importance of people - providing a cohesive approach to help us work together to understand our experiences, balance stability and change and take action to continue to redesign a better health service.
The Change Guide eLearning programme will support you to deliver change in a complex environment like health and social care. It takes you through all you need to know in 4 accessible modules.
At the end of the eLearning programme you will be able to:
- Focus on creating readiness for change and service improvements, using the people and culture change platform.
- Understand how best to engage with all the people who will be impacted by the change.
- Use the key change activities to define what needs to change, design a better service and deliver on key results for service users and staff.
- Understand how to apply the learning in practice to deliver positive change and innovation.
- Use the tools and templates to help you deliver safer better healthcare.
You can access the eLearning programme through HSeLanD. Go to:
- Course Catalogue Section,
- Look under Business Skills and Change Management and
- Find Delivering Change in Health Services - complete guide.
“It is a really useful and focussed programme, with excellent resources. Feedback from our team is very positive and it will definitely help shape our change approach going forward.”
“Thank you for this wonderful resource – it is exactly on point– delighted to see the advancements in this area reflecting HSE values.”
“We are starting to get to grips with the Change Guide and the eLearning Programme is a real assist; it’s an incredible asset and we’re very excited to build on the message of people-led change in the months ahead.”
“We think the eLearning Programme flows really well. It gives a very good sense of stakeholder engagement and the people and culture emphasis comes across very strong. The shift from "management" of change to "facilitation" of change is clearly evident throughout.”
If you have any questions about the information in this article or would like to give us feedback on your experience of using the Change Guide please email: email@example.com
You can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter @HSEchange_guide