Published: 28 August 2020
As you know, Core Research on behalf of National HR, recently conducted a survey about your experience of COVID-19. We received over 7000 responses from staff in a variety of different roles across the HSE.
Thank you for engaging with this survey and taking the time to share your experiences. Your feedback will help us to examine where we can improve and what we do more of over the coming months.
Some things that you felt worked well during this period included:
- improved teamwork across many areas of the HSE
- better adherence to infection prevention and control
- those that could work from home felt the benefit of the increased flexibility and an improved work/life balance
Some key issues for you during the period from March to June 2020 were:
- greater clarity around redeployment
- increased workloads with already stretched resources
- lack of clear guidance on how to prevent the spread of COVID while continuing to work
- concern around exhaustion and burnout of frontline colleagues
Staff Focus groups in part 2
Having gathered your experiences, identified key changes to work practises, and identified which practices have worked well during this period, we will now move onto the second part of the research project.
In part 2 we will speak with small staff groups to understand the detail behind new work practices since the beginning of COVID-19.
The findings from this research will inform recovery planning and the redesign of services over the coming months
We will keep you up-to-date you on the second part of this research as it progresses.