The National Service Desk (NSD) is the single point-of-contact for all staff in the HSE to get IT services.
The National Service Desk (NSD) IT team can help you:
- fix problems with your IT equipment (for example your computer or email)
- access networks or shared folders
Services are categorised as requests or incidents.
A request is where you want something, for example, a new computer, a new user account, access to a shared folder.
An incident is where something is broken, for example, printer not working, unable to access an application, internet unavailable, email not working.
Requesting IT support
To request IT support you can:
- Apply a critical VPN software update. This is required to allow access to the VPN after 1 January 2021. This applies to all users of Checkpoint VPN who need to access HSE services from home.
- use the NSD self-service portal (set up access to the portal here)
- phone the NSD on 0818 300 300 (available 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- email your service desk mailbox
Using the self-service portal has the fastest response time and you can check your ticket status without having to ring the NSD. Emailing the NSD doesn't raise a support ticket and is the slowest method to log a new request. You should use the self-service portal where possible.
You will need to have the following information available when phoning the NSD:
- your employee number
- full contact details (no personal mobile numbers)
- ticket reference number if you are following up on an earlier request for IT support
- your IT equipment asset tag - a sticker is located on your equipment in a numeric sequence
Out-of-hours emergency contact
An emergency out-of-hours service (8 am to 8 pm Monday to Sunday) is available on 0818 300 300. This should only be used for emergencies that cannot wait for normal working hours.
For ICT-related requests or incidents, you must have a ticket logged on the NSD IT system. A ticket provides a unique reference number for you to keep track of progress and actions. Some tickets require management authorisations and this is achieved via forms or built into self service.
NSD staff will determine what action to take per ticket, troubleshoot (triage) and resolve. In some cases, tickets may require assistance from other support teams.
Mobile phone support - Vodafone
For issues with your work mobile phone or MIFI device, contact Vodafone Support on 1800 855 838
Online meetings and collaboration
The virtual health section gives information on the solutions available to support communication and collaboration across the health service.
Service desk mailboxes
Service Desk East (Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow)
Service Desk Mid West (Limerick, Tipperary North and Clare)
Service Desk South East (Kilkenny, Carlow, Wexford, Waterford and Tipperary South)
Service Desk Midlands (Offaly, Laois, Westmeath and Longford)
Service Desk North West (Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim)
Service Desk North East (Cavan, Louth, Meath and Monaghan)
Service Desk West (Galway, Mayo and Roscommon)
Service Desk South (Cork and Kerry - 3 separate help desks)
Cork University Hospital
Phone: 0021 4928000
Kerry General Hospital
Phone: 066 7184450