The National Service Desk (NSD) is the single point-of-contact for all staff in the HSE to get IT services.
The National Service Desk (NSD) IT team can help you:
- fix problems with your IT equipment (for example your computer or email)
- access networks or shared folders
Services are categorised as requests or incidents.
A request is where you want something, for example, a new computer, a new user account, access to a shared folder.
An incident is where something is broken, for example, printer not working, unable to access an application, internet unavailable, email not working.
NE or NW shared mailbox setup (previously on Lotus Notes)
Getting your mailbox setup and accessible through Outlook Web Access (OWA)
NE or NW users who previously used a shared mailbox on Lotus Notes should complete this form and attach it to a NSD self service ticket.
NSD self service tickets are accessed through Ivanti Self Service using the ‘NE & NW Shared Mailbox Request’ tile.
Requesting IT support
You can use the self-service portal to log an incident or request directly. This gives the fastest response time and you can check the status of your tickets without having to ring the NSD. The icon for self service is on your desktop or you can access it here.
Phone the NSD on 0818 300 300. You will be able to select an option and your call will go to the appropriate queue. This service is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Currently, a support service is available to Covid specific centres from 8am to 8pm Monday to Sunday.
Email your service desk mailbox
Out-of-hours emergency contact
An emergency out-of-hours service (8 am to 8 pm Monday to Sunday) is available on 0818 300 300. This should only be used for emergencies that cannot wait for normal working hours.
For ICT-related requests or incidents, you must have a ticket logged on the NSD IT system. A ticket provides a unique reference number for you to keep track of progress and actions. Some tickets require management authorisations and this is achieved via forms or built into self service.
NSD staff will determine what action to take per ticket, troubleshoot (triage) and resolve. In some cases, tickets may require assistance from other support teams.
End User policy
The End User policy sets out the National Service Desk's policy regarding NSD end-users access and use of NSD systems.
The NSD is committed to the correct and proper use of these systems in support of its administrative and service functions. The purpose of this policy is to define the expected and acceptable use of the NSD systems by the end-user.
The policy is mandatory and by engaging with the NSD, end-users are agreeing to abide by the terms of the policy.
Approved and supported tools for online meetings and collaboration include:
See virtual health for more information on available solutions to support communication and collaboration across the health service.
Zoom video conferencing
The Office of the Chief information Officer (OoCIO) advises:
- OoCIO, including the NSD, do not support Zoom video conference products to host work-related video conferences. This applies in clinical and non-clinical settings. The HSE host of any Zoom video conference is at risk of non-compliance with GDPR
- HSE Data Protection Officer (DPO) advises that staff who need to make use of video conferencing should use one of the HSE's approved and supported platforms
- HSE employees can attend a Zoom meeting which is being hosted by another organisation, if this is necessary to meet business obligations
- HSE staff should not record any Zoom conferences they take part in
- HSE staff should not take part in Zoom conferences where clinical matters relating to an individual patient are being discussed
- if you need assistance with the approved video conferencing facilities contact the NSD
- hould you continue to use Zoom video conferencing, you should adhere to best practices for securing Zoom meetings
Mobile phone support - Vodafone
For issues with your work mobile phone or MIFI device, contact Vodafone Support on 1800 855 838
Service desk mailbox
The National Service Desk mailbox is email@example.com
Regional service desk mailboxes are no longer operational. The quickest way to log, update or check the status of your ticket is through NSD Self Service
Service Desk South West - Cork University Hospital and Kerry University Hospital.
- Phone: 066 718 4450
- Email: not applicable